Concussion Education Webinar Video
On Wednesday, September 30th, Leaside Memorial Community Gardens Arena, with the support of the Dr. Tom Pashby Sports Safety Fund, hosted a Concussion Education Webinar on the 3rd annual Rowan’s Law Day. The presentation and discussion was lead by experts from Holland Bloorview Kids’ Rehabilitation Hospital Concussion Centre.
We are happy to make a video of the entire presentation and the resource links available to the public.
Topics covered included:
• Recognizing the signs of concussion
• What research tells us about concussion in kids
• Removal from play
• Concussion management and recovery
• The impact of COVID 19 on concussion recovery
• Return to play, sport, school, and the things kids enjoy
Here are links to the ancillary resources that were shared during the presentation:
1) Example Concussion Policy
c. Hockey Concussion Policy Summary: https://d2pr6pnwfmh0z
d. Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (CRT-5)
e. Skate Canada: https://bit.ly/2Gmv9gw
f. TLGHA (female hockey): https://www.torontole
2) Sport Specific Return-to-play Protocols
3) ONF Standards of Concussion Care Guidelines
4) ONF Living Guidelines for Diagnosing and Managing Pediatric Concussion
5) Holland Bloorview Concussion Services
The board and staff of Leaside Memorial Community Gardens are committed to the health and safety of our community.