We are pleased to rebroadcast our Concussion Discussion Video in honour of Rowan’s Law Day.
Advanced Polls open Friday September 10, 2021.
Elections Canada will hold advance polls at Leaside Gardens on:
- Friday September 10, 2021 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday September 11, 2021 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Sunday September 12, 2021 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Monday September 13, 2021 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
The Federal Election is on Monday September 20, 2021. Polls will be open at Leaside Gardens from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm in the William Lea Room.
Please visit https://elections.ca/ for more information.
Leaside pool will be closed in the mornings on September 8-10 and 13-17.
Sunday, June 13th, we’re commemorating George Turrell, “The King of Leaside” with a Food Drive in his honour.
The City of Toronto is now accepting board members applications for the Leaside Memorial Community Gardens Arena Board of Management. Joining the LMCG Board of Management is an interesting and unique way to serve your city and our local community.
The deadline for applications is April 6.
Leaside Memorial Community Gardens Arena
Leaside Memorial Community Gardens Arena is one of eight indoor ice arenas operated by a board of management. These City boards were established between the early 1950s and early 1970s by the former City of Toronto and Borough of East York as a means of engaging the local community in the decision making for managing these facilities.
The mandate of arenas operated by a board of management includes:
- providing safe, full and equitable access to high quality indoor ice sport recreational facilities and where applicable other recreational facilities (e.g. community rooms, banquet halls)
- allocating the use of the facility in a fair and equitable manner among local neighbourhood citizens and organizations and user groups, while bearing in mind the need to generate sufficient revenue to operate the facility at the lowest reasonable cost to the City of Toronto and its residents
- developing proposed ice allocation schedules based on the applications received, and consistent with the targets and requirements set-out in the City’s Ice Allocation Policy and the objectives of the Relationship Framework, for approval by the General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation
Term of office
- Councillor for Ward 15
- 9 public members
- 1 representative from Infrastructure Ontario to serve for the duration of the loan from Infrastructure Ontario to the City
- 1 non-voting staff member from the Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division
In addition to the general eligibility requirements set out in the Public Appointments Policy, public members of an Arena Board of Management should collectively possess:
- an interest and commitment to volunteering and community development including an understanding of diverse neighbourhoods
- a range of skills or experience such as fundraising, financial management, sports facility operation, event planning, amateur and children’s sports development in the community, managing in the non-profit sector, law, or marketing
- a majority of members residing in the local area
- demonstrated knowledge of the programs and activities of the arena
- a youthful perspective implemented by having at least one member be a young adult aged 18 to 30
The boards are required to meet a minimum of six times a year and at any time at the request of a majority of the members of the board, or at the call of the chair.
The boards generally meet monthly, except during the summer months of June, July and August.
Monday November 23rd at 12:01 a.m Leaside Gardens (both arenas and the pool) will be closed.
BigArtTO illuminates LMGC
NEW – Longer hours at Leaside Pool
In response to the announcements from the Province, Leaside Gardens (arena and pool) will remain open until we hear otherwise.