Leaside Memorial Community Gardens along with our user groups the Leaside Hockey Association, the Leaside Skating Club, the Toronto Leaside Girls Hockey Association and Hockey Extreme are commemorating George Turrell the “King of Leaside” by hosting a Food Drive for the Thorncliffe Food Bank in George’s honour.
We look forward to the Leaside Community enthusiastic participation.
Date and Time:
Sunday, June 13th from 10:00am to 3:00pm
“George Turrell Lane” at Leaside Memorial Community Gardens
No-Contact Donation Process:
- Take a drive over to “George Turrell Lane”. To minimize congestion, there are two ways to enter Leaside Gardens.
- A volunteer will direct you to one of four designated drop-off zones.
- Open your car trunk, and a volunteer wearing a mask and gloves will remove the clearly marked items. Another volunteer will take the donation to the William Lea Room for safekeeping. You are to remain in you car.
- As soon as the items are removed from the trunk, you must leave the arena.
Warmer weather traditionally signals a lull in donations as people take off to their cottages, so the George Turrell Food Drive is the perfect opportunity to help Thorncliffe continue to assist families during the summer months. Some suggested items include:
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and especially feminine hygiene pads
- peanut butter
- 2 kg bags of sugar
- canned fruits, vegetables, and soup
- diced tomatoes
- tea and coffee
- canned kidney beans and mixed beans
If you wish, you can make a cash donation
Online visit donate.tno-toronto.org/ and select TNO Food Collaborative from the drop-down menu to donate to the food bank.
If you wish to write a cheque, make it out to The Neighbourhood Organization, and in the memo section please write “Food Bank”.
Send it by mail to:
The Neighbourhood Organization
18 Thorncliffe Park Dr., Toronto ON M4H 1N7
See you all on Sunday, June 13th between 10am and 3pm!